So today, Saturday, was like the "commencement ceremony" of the class...it was our 5K we had been training for. Ellie's Run for Africa! WOW...that's all I have to say about this young girl! Please, please click the link and read the "Race History"! Ellie was 10 years old when she decided to "do something"! Sixteen years old now, this was her 5th annual race and Stephen and I were happy to be supporting such a great event!
As EXTREMLY slow as it is...my goal was to finish the race in 45 minutes...I DID IT!!!! I finished in 40 minutes (and 4 seconds)!! I did have to walk a few times but I ran the majority of it! I wished I hadn't had to walk as much but I'm very pleased with my finish! I have to admit, running on uneven grass for 3.2 miles is definitely not the same as running on a firmer ground (like pavement or asphalt) which I had practiced on! It was better on the joints and knees and stuff, but caused a slightly slower pace.
Stephen decided to run the race too, although he did his own thing (didn't hold back with me)! He finished in 25 minutes. Congrats to our friend Mary who also ran the race and in surprise, I was happy to hear her cheering me own as I crossed the finish line!! (Mary finished in about 30 minutes.)
So here are some photos Momma took for us...
After the race...
Stephen nearing the finish line...(a little fuzzy but I still like it)
Stephen just about to cross the finish line...
Miranda nearing the finish line...
Miranda crossing the finish line...
Stephen and Mary visiting prior to the starting gun going off...this is the only pic we got of Mary...


No comments:
Post a Comment