One of the houses we lived in (Sardis/White Oak, MS) when I was growing up had big gardenia bushes growing outside Momma and Daddy's bedroom window. The house had an attic fan in the hallway. I remember when they would raise the windows and turn the fan on that you could smell the fragrance of the gardenias pulling through...I don't know what my favorite flower is...BUT one of my favorite scents is of gardenias!
My friend Shannon has some dwarf gardenia bushes at her house and found a bloom this morning and picked it and brought it to me..."a happy to take you down memory's lane" she told me!
I loved it...I sat it right center and in between my keyboard and monitor today so I could see and smell it all day!
Thanks Shannon!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:
How sweet!! :-) Don't you just LOVE childhood memories!? They helped to define who we are today, no doubt.
Post a Comment