Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stephen's FIRST 1/2 Marathon

Today was the Music City Marathon in Nashville TN. Stephen has been training for months for this event! His goal was to finish his first 1/2 marathon in 2 hours. He did it in 1 hour and 56 minutes. I am soooo proud of him...and he wasn't dying at the end...which was good cause we had to walk a couple miles to get to the car afterwards! I was able to get to over the to finish line early enough to find a spot on the fence right on the finish line!!! I tried to get a picture of him crossing the finish line and this was the best I could do! They had professional photographers there also so we'll check those out in a couple days when they are available!!

Here, if you look to the right of the finish line, you'll see Stephen (green shirt, navy shorts) actually stepping on the finish line. Although it's not a "great" pic of him crossing, at least I got it.
The clock over his head was set when the first wave began the race. He was in the second wave of runners that they released so that clock only shows how long it had been since the very beginning. So although it says 1H 58M, he actually did it in 1H 56M.


This was just a shot I took early in the race with the finish line and downtown buildings in the background.


This was at the very end when we finally found each other. There was a total of 30,000 people racing today!


I was waiting for Stephen to come through the end of the race...after they cross the finish line, there was quite a path for them to take to get out to the rest of the public. Along the way they had options for medical treatment, sports drinks, apples, bananas, protein bars and other stuff. I spotted him as he was coming out...see center picture in green shirt and navy shorts.


I thought this was funny even though it was very smart and I was glad to see all the appropriate snacks being set up for the runners. Publix (a grocery store) had two rows of tables stacked high with tons of bananas. I couldn't resist getting a couple pictures.



CONGRATULATIONS TO MY AWESOME HUSBAND ON HIS FIRST 1/2 MARATHON!!

No comments: