Saturday, May 31, 2008

Softball Tournament 5.31.08


This morning Stephen played in a softball tournament with his other teammates from the Tuesday night softball league. It was a wonderful Saturday!! While they didn't win the tournament, they did play well in the 4 games they played in! Most of the wives were there to cheer them on or to just socialize with each other! We have such an AWESOME Sunday school class! We always have fun hanging out with them. The Gentrys brought out their grill and at lunch we had hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and cookies!!

It was supposed to rain all day long so it was cloudy most of the day...(we all left the park around 3:00 or so). So the clouds and cool breeze blowing all day made the temperature so beautiful for sitting out at the field all day long! As soon as we started taking down the tents and packing up to go home the sky started to drop some rain drops on us but they were so lite that the sun was drying them before they could get us wet! Like I said - perfect weather! By the time we got home, it didn't rain another drop (until the night - we got woken up several times in the night with terrible rain storms, thunder and power going on and off).

Not only was it a fun day out with friends, but it was a very productive day at the house. When we got home, I was so sweaty and dirty from being at the field all afternoon so I decided to come home and clean off the garage before I cleaned myself up. Man does it look better now! We'll see how long it lasts! I am sooo proud of how much space I have around my car now when I pull it in. I packed up 3 boxes of stuff for the Goodwill store and threw away several empty boxes (don't know why I was storing them out there), and filled up the Waste Management container. I found all sorts of Christmas decor that needed to go in the attic. I can't believe how much stuff was needlessly out there on that garage.

Thankfully, while I was out in the garage, Stephen cleaned up the kitchen!

Of course, all the stuff I found out in the garage that needed to be inside the house got dumped on the living room floor. So after I finished sweeping out the garage and rearranging what was left, I sat down in the middle of the living room floor and went through all that stuff. Took me a while but got it all put away and proceeded to straighten up and vacuum the floor (since I made a mess on the floor with all that stuff). Stephen was trying to listen to the LSU ballgame on his computer but told me to go ahead and run the vacuum while I was in the mood! I'm not sure he knows what to think about the cleaning binge I've been on since we got back from Louisiana (because the day we got back I cleaned a ton of stuff in our bedroom and dusted EVERYTHING down).

Then, I got to thinking...while I'm doing all this I might as well go through those bathroom cabinets and clean them out!! So I went through our 3 cabinets and 4 small drawers and dumped ALL of it out in the bathroom floor and sat down in the middle of it all with a garbage bag. I wonder if other women do this or if it's just me...when a bottle of shampoo is almost empty (like with a 1/4 oz of product left) I turn it upside down underneath the cabinet and think that I'll buy another bottle of the same stuff and when it gets low I'll combine the two and get a couple more uses out of it...never happens. So I had tons of mostly empty bottles from the past 3 years that I ended up throwing away. Next, I noticed that we had tons of boxes of medicine; lots of various cold medicines & drops and prescription bottles, Advil...you get the idea...over half of it was expired, so yep, I just started throwing it all away. I ended up filling a garbage bag all the way up and it was so heavy the bottom almost busted - good thing I was using HEFTY bags! Then I re-organized the cabinets! It's soooo nice and neat now...we'll see how long that lasts as well! :-)

Next I decided to start washing clothes and went ahead and jumped in the shower (this was about 8:00) - by now I really needed it! Then got out, ate some Fritos for dinner and ran up stairs to download softball pictures of which I got e-mailed out to everyone around 11:15 p.m.

What a fun and productive day!!


To see all our photos from the softball tournament, check out the link I added in the left column under "Our friends' blogs and other Links". It's the link labeled "HHBC Softball Tournament Pictures 5/31/08".

No comments: