Erica Molnar was my roommate - my first and only roommate outside of college dorm life - just before Stephen and I got married. She was Erica Clark at the time. She knew Stephen way before I did. They went to church together at Colonial Heights Baptist Church in Ridgeland, MS. I visited church and the Singles fellowship one Sunday. This was the first day I met my husband and one of my best friends ever! What a special day - now that I look back in time! When the church greeter took me back to where the Singles met, Erica was at the welcome desk and immediately was soooo sweet and excited (as I later learned is a trait you see all the time with her). She introduced me to some other girls so that she could finish up at the welcome desk. They took me back to their class after general assembly/announcements...which coincidentally Stephen happened to be friends with these girls and was in their class - and they welcomed me into their lives at a moment in my life when I was searching for good, Christian friends. From that point on, she was so great to me. Later, we ended up moving into an apartment together and lived there for a year. During this time, Stephen and I got engaged and she met Art Molnar - now her husband. One of my fondest memories was her baking a birthday cake for me one year...there's a picture somewhere of me holding it up - just outta bed, no makeup, glasses, frizzy hair... I normally left for work before she ever got up in the mornings but she got up that morning to surprise me and spend some time with me. But there are so many more memories that I cherish! Erica was such an encouragement and especially a bright light in my life during that time!
Erica and Art moved to Hattiesburg, MS for a while but we tried to stay in touch, then, Stephen and I moved to Nashville and then Erica and Art moved to Washington, DC. We hadn't seen each other in almost 4 years...I was supposed to have gone to her baby shower last year but that was during the time of Daddy's accident so I was at the hospital during the shower. Erica and Art have a beautiful little girl, Audrey Clark Molnar. She was born in January 2008 (there is a link for the Molnars on the left of my blog screen under my links for friends...).
Erica and Audrey came to Nashville earlier in the week to visit with one of Erica's college friends, Lauren, that recently had a baby. So Friday, I took off work and spent the day with Erica, Audrey, Lauren and Wyatt (Lauren's new baby boy). We met at the Opryland Hotel and had lunch and walked all through several parts of the hotel. Then we headed over to Opry Mills to do some shopping! We had so much fun!
Audrey was sooooo playful! She giggled and played and laughed at me all day long! I have no words to express how sweet it was holding her in my arms and playing with her and hearing her squeal with excitement when I would talk to her or make faces with her. She is sooo beautiful!! I think she's going to have the same beautiful, loving nature as her mother.
We had so much fun on Friday and I hated when we parted ways late Friday afternoon; but Stephen and I are already planning to go visit them in Washington, DC in December!!! I can't wait!!!


1 comment:
Just reading your words about Erica got me all choked up. She sounds like a wonderful person to know!! I am happy that you were able to spend the day with them. It seems as if their visit was perfect timing in YOUR life to bring you joy and happiness...right when you needed it. In fact, it sounds like Erica is just that FRIEND who brings such pleasantries into your life anytime you're around her! What a blessing!
Post a Comment