We took the kitties to VCA Animal Care Center last night for their first check up! They saw Dr. Jones...a super sweet lady! I loved her! I was somewhat concerned because most of the bios I had online for vets mentioned dogs and when I was waiting in the exam room for the doctor, everything in there was all about dogs and people were coming in to pick up dogs so I was concerned about finding a "Cat" Doctor. I know they all study and know about cats; but I wanted someone that LOVED cats (more than dogs) and lo and behold that's what Dr. Jones is! She has a cat of her own and it's her baby!! I liked her so much that I decided to make sure their next check up is with her and not one of the others...I liked her alot.
SOOOOO, you probably are more interested in the kittens' updates...Well, the orange one is a boy, his name is MAX; and the dark one is a girl, her name is SAM! Max and Sam!!!
They are only 4 weeks old, so quite young to be on their own, and they only weigh 1 pound each - so very tiny! But the doctor checked them out and they are very healthy...a few small things to watch but they should outgrow them in a couple weeks!
4 weeks is too young for any immunization so they didn't get any shots. They did do a fecal test and they came back great but just to be on the safe side, she gave us a dewormer medicine to give them for 3 days. Which we were able to give them without any trouble last night...but my friend Keli says when they get bigger it'll be harder to hold them down long enough to give them medicine so we'll enjoy the ease right now! Two more nights of meds to go...
Since they were soooo young and because they seemed to have a little trouble with the hard kitten food, the doctor suggested that just for a couple weeks we feed them soft/canned food to make sure they can eat and are eating enough...
They are using the litter box well now...I haven't found any accidents other than that one the first night they were home!
They snack on food, sleep, play, use the litter, sleep some more and then repeat!
They love for us to hold and play with them and they love to sit and play under my feet while I do my makeup and brush my teeth in the mornings! Just got to teach them that it's not okay to climb mommy's dress pants leg when they want me to hold them and I can't get to them at that time...they are soooo sweet!!
Here's a video of Max that we just got downloaded...it is from the day STephen rescued them and was keeping them at his desk at work...Max was soooo sleepy...we think it's funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-5QE7cZOys
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment