We are talking about a 40,000 square foot Spa underground and in between two huge wings of the Grove Park Inn. They views are amazing! This is a must see!!!
We had wanted to come here for our anniversary dinner but it was way to expensive to eat here - at least at the really nice restaurant. There are a couple other restaurants that are less expensive though if you are interested.
If nothing else you need to do what we did. Go for the Historical Walking Tour. Once you enter the lobby, towards the center right there is a sort of information booth. Ask for the walking tour guide. It's a printout that helps maneuver you through the Resort and you get to see lots of cool things...pictures of very famous people that have stayed there - movie stars, presidents, sports people, business gurus... There also a case with some of the original medicines that Mr. Grove used to make/sell - where he originally made his money (if I recall correctly). There are two Grandfather clocks that range $1Million or more each. The first is one of only 3 and the second is one of only 2 ever made. There's a case to show old memorabilia, old guest receipts, original china, and the most impressive to me were the views out the windows everywhere you went throughout the resort! They were the most beautiful of all! Their is a section that the walls are covered in photos of construction of the Resort and I only got to read a couple and was amazed at the trivia I read. I would love to go back when we aren't rushed and read through all the information! One of the historical articles I read on the wall boasted that the building was 100% Fireproof! Apparently that was a big deal because I think I remember hearing something on the audio guide at Biltmore stating the the House was Fireproof.
Also a MUST SEE is that if you follow the walking tour guide you will get to walk through the underground Spa. That along was cool and worth the time to do the tour.
For you Golfers - there is a great golf course as well but I don't know much about golfing so you will have to check into that yourself.
Stephen and I think we'd like to stay here sometime but we'll have to save up for that...probably next time we go to Asheville, when we stay on the Biltmore Estate, we'll try to save enough to go one night just for dinner!
Once again, we forgot to take pictures ourselves, so all of these pictures were found through Google Images!
This next picture is of the whole Resort. In the center, nestled between the 2 wings is an underground, 40,000 sq ft Spa. You can just walk through the spa and you feel like you've had a treatment. It's basically underground with stones and waterfalls and other water features all though out. There are pools, a workout center and cafe also in the Spa area of the Resort. It was beautiful to walk through.








http://www.groveparkinn.com/
Another link you may find interesting:
http://spas.about.com/library/weekly/aa080202a4.htm (there are a ton of photos on this website...they aren't the best quality but there's a lot of them)




No comments:
Post a Comment