Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stephen's Birthday

Stephen's birthday was today, Sept 25th, and we both took off work to drive to Asheville, NC that day. I got up early that morning and baked a cake for him and packed up the icing and decor and took it with us...once we got to the condo I put it on a plate and iced it and decorated it and made him blow out some candles while I sang Happy Birthday to him (very much out of tune - but with a lot of love)!!

At 8:30 that night, we went to dinner at a little place directly across the street from the condo called Table. (www.tableasheville.com) It was quite romantic! The lights were very low, white table cloths, candles on the tables, and the food was very delicious. Their menu changes daily so I forget exactly what we had but Stephen had pork chops and I got some type of fish in the most delicious flavored cream sauce. We really enjoyed our meals!

After dinner we took a nice stroll around Downtown Asheville briefly before going back to the condo...the temperature was actually quite cold and we didn't have on heavy jackets so we couldn't stay out too long... But it was very nice just taking a stroll right after dinner!


Normally I make a much prettier more "dressy" looking cake for him on a pretty, glass cake plate and us a fancy icing bag to make pretty designs...but seeing as we drove most of the day and I was doing it at the condo without all the stuff I have at home, I went a bit more casual and just tried to make it bright and fun! Stephen's favorite cake is chocolate cake with chocolate icing and his favorite candy bar type food is a Reese's Cup so I normally try to figure a way to incorporate Reese's Cups in with the cake!


No comments: