


So Thursday, 10/09, the whole office went to Amerigo on West End for lunch - to celebrate Kim Goolie's one year anniversary with us/Adelicia. Shannon and Kim were in the car with me and we were heading back to the office. I was at the intersection of 19th and West End sitting at a red light. When the light turned green, I hesitated for about 2 seconds to make sure it was safe to cross the intersection and just as I mashed the gas, a man came flying through his red light and I didn't see him in time to stop so we collided. He tore off the front of my poor car!I was sooooo mad!!! But I didn't want to be un-Christain like so once we pulled out of the intersection (into the Mrs. Winner's parking lot), I got out and called Stephen and then Herby (our insurance guy) and then just sort of paced quietely! The lady that was in the car came over to try to talk to me but I just kept to myself. Stephen got there about 2 minutes after the cop got there! As soon as he drove up all my worry left! Just his presence brings me such security! He stepped in and took care of everything. The girls at work even said that when they saw him show up they calmed down too.
Luckily, Syd and Christy (who I work with and had been at lunch with) were in Syd's car in the lane to the left of me. There was also a man parked directly beside me (infront of Syd). Then there was an attorney somewhere - maybe just behind me. They all pulled over and waited to give their statements to the cop! Since Shannon and Kim couldn't be witnesses because they were in the car with me - it was a blessing from God that everyone else took out time in their busy schedules to come help.
I think the two gentlemen were just so blown away at how late and how fast the other driver came flying through that redlight!
In the midst of all this, when I grabbed my phone to call Stephen and Herby, I noticed a text from Michelle who had left our lunch party early to go to an appointment that she had a flat...so I asked Syd and Christy to call and check on her to make sure she had gotten some help.
It was a CRAZY day!
I have to admit I was shook up. My car had to be towed so I rode home with Stephen after the cop let us leave and I was nervous the whole trip home. I know Stephen knows how to drive but I couldn't help how sensitive I was to people changing lanes, Stephen having to break suddenly, EVERYTHING. Even Saturday, last night, on our way to Stephen and Emily Prather's house I was having trouble. Stephen got so irritated at me for being so jumpy!
Friday I was able to get a rental car so I'll have that (red Pontiac G6) until my car gets fixed.
The fault was clearly 100% the other guy's fault and luckly he was driving a rental car from an Enterprise rental company in Ohio and he DID have Full Insurance Coverage on it! So thankfully it wasn't someone that didn't have insurance!
Coincidentally, Friday was the one year mark of Daddy's terrible accident but hopefully we won't have anymore problems!!!!
God was in control and everyone was just fine - NO INJURIES! Has Herby told me, we can fix a car but we can't fix you so everything's okay as long as you're okay!
Big shout out to Herby, Josh and their office! They arranged the tow truck and talked us through everything and even spent some extra time on the phone with me on Friday answering questions about the rental car! They were great!


1 comment:
Yes, yes, once Stephen showed up, we all breathed a sigh of relief! It was so good to see him and his calm demeanor get out of his truck and take over. Thank God for our strong men! :-)
Post a Comment