Sunday, November 16, 2008

Painting Pottery 2008

The Saturday before we went to the cabin with the Ramseys and the Hammonds, we all went to make pottery. This has become something we do once a year! Below are pictures of our work for the last two years...

Stephen's theme is LSU!!!! Last year, 2007, he made a mug. This year, 2008, he made a plate to match. He drew the Tiger's Eye free-hand...he brought a picture with him to look at! I think it turned out AWESOME!!!

My theme is called "by Miranda"!!! Last year, our first year doing this was very stressful for me...I am sooooooooo not the creative type so everyone had picked out their item, colors and started their first coats before I could get started...I think I had picked out my piece by that time but no colors were picked or painting had begun! It was supposed to end up being a spoonrest even though it isn't traditional spoonrest-shaped. It has also doubled as a serving tray when I needed something small (as I suspect that was it's intentional purpose by the people who shaped it). It sits on our stove all the time and we usually use it as a spoonrest! When I got it home, it matched soooo perfectly with our countertops so I fell in love with it. Since I'm not that creative, it's very simple! Well, this year, to keep from stressing so much on what to do, I decided to do another piece just like the last one...and since Stephen was doing a plate, I thought I'd do one also...that way we both have our own plates (how sweet, huh?!! :-)) So this year I did my plate. I also do a design on the bottom of my pieces...

See below for pictures!























No comments: