I found the coolest thing! Someone told me about this a long time ago (maybe Momma) but I had forgotten about it until this morning when I was getting packed. Cracker Barrel sells "Books on Audio". But there's a cool feature...you can purchase them for a week and return them! You have to purchase the "book" (cd's/tapes) at full price first and then it costs $3.49 per week that you keep it. Soooooo...for instance, this morning I went by and purchased John Grisham's "The Appeal" for $50. If I return it within the week, they will credit back to the card I purchased it on the remaining amount of the $50 minus the $3.49. So really it only cost me $3.49 to listen to it on my long trip (not $50). Then, if I kept if for 2 weeks and then returned it I would get back the total of $50 minus 6.98 (2x3.49).
Also, if you finish the book mid trip, you can stop by ANY Cracker Barrel and trade it in for another...they just take whatever credit you have left (from the total minus however many weeks you've had it) and apply it to the purchase of another book and then the same standard applies! You can return any book to any CB.
I had thought I'd get one to hear on the way down and trade it out at the CB here in Pearl but once I got to looking, this book is 12.5 hours long...so I only got half way through the book today and I'll finish it on the way back home on Tuesday!
Just wanted to share incase any of you didn't know about this little thing!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment